Our children will incorporate respectful etiquette as part of their normal lives if we start as early as possible. Trying to teach a good manner later even at 5 years old will be harder. The first three years of a child’s life is the most important. They are really the foundation for the rest of their lives. Please spend as much time as possible with your little people.
1. Say “Good morning” and “Good night” to everyone in the house.
2. Greet our guests at the door with a smile and “hello!”
3. Say “Good bye” to our guests and help them out the door.
4. Remember you manners: “Please” and “Thank you”.
5. Stay seated at the table until you are excused.
6. If an adult drops something, pick it up quickly!
7. Protect children – especially babies – who are younger than you.
8. When you are eating a snack, offer some to the people near you.
9. When people speak to you, look in their eyes and respond kindly.
10. When Daddy or Mommy asks you to do something, say, “Yes, dad!” or “Yes, mom!” and do it right away.
Good manners shows our respect for others.